Thursday, February 23, 2012

Denver Nuggets: Failure To Finish

Denver looked so fantastic coming out on the Staples Center floor, they were active on the offense, defensive intensity was there, the three-ball was working for Denver, but when the going got tough, Coach Karl went back to his good ole standby:Al Harrington. Which may have worked in the game against Minnesota. However, the Clippers aren't Minnesota. For this simple fact, Denver lost to the Clippers, 95-103.
 
Let me get this out of the way: George Karl will NOT be fired. BOOK IT. It's not going to happen, at least not now. So why have the same, redundant theatrics after every Nuggets loss?? It's stale and boring. Instead of the "OFF WITH HIS HEAD", commit to constructive criticism of Coach Karl. Am I defending him? NO. That would be foolish. Do I want him fired? I counter with this: Does Michael Beasley want to get a piss test??? If you are unclear about the answer, it's this: NO.However, it would be a travesty if I wasn't questioning Coach Karl. I understand why he put in Al Harrington in the end. He's a "By The Book" coach. Typically, a coach puts in their veteran player. The guy that's proven. The guy that gets his fat paycheck, is usually the guy in at the end, not a rookie.
 
I get it.
 
I do.
 
However. George, sometimes it's nice to throw that book out the window and do something a little crazy.... a little willy nilly ...... a little outrageous. Play the guy that has the HOT HAND! It's an insane idea, I know, but by George, it just may work. Harrington, bless him, but he was NOTICEABLY exhausted last night especially in the stretch. He missed field goal after field goal. He was selfish with the ball and this is what is so mind boggling about this game; it was WINNABLE. If Coach Karl had adjusted, properly, through the "hot hands" in, it *could* have went another way. However, hindsight is 20/20. There's always the possibility that Jordan would have went cold too, however it would, at least, have been nice to see Coach try.
 
One other 'Debbie Downer' comment: Dear lord, Coach, PLAY the MANIMAL!! IN 22 minutes Faried had 9 rebounds, 12 points on 5-for-8 shooting and was more productive than Kosta, 22 minutes, 9 points, 4 rebounds, and Mozzy, 23 minutes, 5 points and 7 rebounds. It is clear, to me, that he should have received at least 30 minutes. This player is SPECIAL ..... so play him, please. The fact he guarded the Ginger Mamba pretty damn well was telling to.  
 
My Game Ball goes to JORDAN HAMILTON!!! This was a VERY SMALL sample size, but, OH MY, Jordan has a nice, smooth release, that made me yearn for more. In 24 minutes he had 18 points on 6-for-11 shooting and 7 rebounds. I love me some Rudy Fernandez, but if I was placing a rotation based on this game, Hamilton would get in before Rudy. His shot selection was insanely beautiful, His 3-ball, in this small sample size, was world's better than Rudy's rickety downtown selection. It wasn't as if Jordan was a ball hog, he wasn't, he passed and had ball movement. Things that tell me that Jordan should be in the regular rotation. WHAT ABOUT THAT DUNK OVER REGGIE!!!
 
Play these rooks, Karl.
 
Another player that played well was Arron Afflalo, who's offense is similar to what many remember from last year. He tallied 20 points on 7-for-10 shooting and 6 rebounds. It's nice to see him contribute, offensively, to this team again. Andre, Andre Andre..... I appreciate the lobs last night, I truly do, but, seriously bro, pass the ball.
 
Am I irritated Denver lost? Of course.
 
However, they had this ignited offense from the first quarter....
 
It's just sad they failed....
 
to finish.....
 
Until next time,
 
Mrs. NBA

No comments:

Post a Comment