Denver Nuggets: 17-5 (8-7 at home, 9-8 on the road) Streak: 3 Losses
Minnesota Timberwolves: 16-16 (9-10 at home, 7-6 on the road) Streak: 3 Wins
Denver has won 16 of the last 17 matchups against Minnesota. The Timberwolves last win at the Pepsi Center was in November of 2009. At the Pepsi Center, Minny is just 15-32.
By The Numbers:
Minnesota is 7-1 when shooting 45%, but they are 2-10 when ALLOWING 100+ points, 3-8 when they are being out rebounded, 3-13 when trailing in 3 quarters, and 11-2 when out shooting, ,or dead even, their opponents.
Minny ranks 8th in the league for 4th quarter FG % defense, 12th in scoring defense, and last night's game against the 76ers is the 4th game that the young team has overcame a double digit deficit to win it all.
Let's start with Ricky Rubio, the rookie that looks like a little sweet puppy, whom has court vision that is UNREAL, he can control the game, get his players into position, phenomenal passer in the open court, and seal wins for Minnesota. How will Lawson/Dre compare?? Not to mention he has a high basketball IQ. Kevin Love is a beast, and quite underrated for his all-around game. Kevin Love has all the fundamentals for the NBA and is averaging 21.2 points, 15.7 rebounds, 2.5 assists per game. Not to mention the other rookie, Derrrick Williams, whom is averaging over 7 points and 4 rebounds per game, the quick dynamo in J.J. Barea, Luke Ridnour whom is averaging over 44% from the field and not to mention the pot-wielding Michael Beasley. This isn't a team to play lightly, especially when they are only 2 games behind Denver.
How Does Denver Win:
- Defense, I can not say this enough! Especially against a lovely passer that is Rubio and Mr. Fundamental, K.Love.
- Making 90% or more of the FT's
- Less Al Harrington playing time, more Kosta and of course, Kenneth Faried
- Need 100% effort, offense, and attacking of the rim with Afflalo, Lawson, Brewer
- Put that BODY on SOMEBODY
- NO settling
- George Karl, COACH properly
- A C-L-O-S-E-R, this could easily be another game that comes down to 2 possessions.
Until next time,